- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes (fresh or canned)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons tamari sauce or soy sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, red chili pepper flakes and carrots. Sauté 7-9 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Add pineapple and sauté until slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes
- Add tamari or soy sauce, rice and green onions. Stir frequently & taste for flavor. If needed, add a touch more tamari/soy sauce or a pinch of sea salt.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes, until all ingredients are combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve