Today’s recipe is a quick, delicious and hearty meal. Due to San Marcos’s rainy weather and the over abundance of food I devoured this previous weekend, Monday definitely calls for a flavorful and simple comfort soup. This chowder can be made in roughly 30 minutes or less, is creamy, sweet and low in fat (Que cheering).
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 sticks of Celery, diced
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Soy/Almond/Oat Milk
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4 ears of Corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Green Onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Sautée Onion, Red Pepper and Celery for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add diced potato and mix well. Once mixed, add in flour and stir to coat veggies. Cook for a minute or 2 before adding your Non-Dairy Milk of choice and Vegetable Broth.
- Add Celery Salt, Smoked Paprika, and Dried Parsley into the pot. Stir well and then bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to simmer, cover pan with a lid and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until potato bits are tender.
- Once potato is tender, add shucked Corn kernels and stir to combine. Let cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until corn is tender to your liking.
- Transfer 1/4-1/3 of the soup to a blender (depending on how thick you want the chowder) and blend till smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir well.
- Stir in Apple Cider Vinegar and taste for/adjust seasoning before serving. Top with chopped Green Onion, Cilantro and extra bits of Corn/Red Pepper.
A big thanks and shout out to Amrita at Crazy Vegan Kitchen for posting. Hope this recipe was corny enough for even the rainiest of your days. Stay tuned for more awesome recipes throughout this week! Until next time, ciao ciao!